Having a party? These baked mussels with mayo-chili topping got you covered. Moist and succulent with a creamy, sweet and spicy crust, expect these baked tahong to disappear from the buffet table as fast as you make them.
Baked Tahong (Baked Mussels with Mayo-Chili Topping) Prep time:Cook time:Total time:Yield: 4 ServingsIngredients
- 24 pieces large green mussels (half shell)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
- juice from one limeInstructions
- Remove any beard, grit and dirt from mussels. Wash well, drain and pat dry.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, cheese, sweet chili sauce, green onions and lime juice.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of mayo-chili mixture on mussels and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a 375 F oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve hot.NotesI used frozen green mussels that are already half-shelled. If using live mussels, steam mussels just until shells open and remove top shell.3.2.2925