Tilapia with Black Bean Garlic Sauce made with tilapia fillets cooked in a spicy, garlicky black bean sauce. It’s quick and easy to prep yet delivers big, bold flavors!
If you are looking for a fish recipe that’s easy to prep yet big on taste, this tilapia with black bean garlic sauce brings it on!
Tilapia fillets are first pan-seared on high heat for a caramelized crust and then finished off in the oven with robust spices until easily flaked with a fork. Ready to enjoy in 30 minutes or less, you won’t believe the amazing flavor you get in every bite. Spicy and garlicky, this tilapia with black bean garlic sauce is definitely an adventure for the taste buds!
Give it a try for dinner tonight and make sure to have plenty of steamed rice ready. You’ll thank me later. 🙂
Tilapia in Black Bean Garlic Sauce
- 4 (4 ounces each) tilapia fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup salted black beans (tausi), rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Wash tilapia and pat dry. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add tilapia and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until nicely seared but not fully cooked. In lightly greased baking dish, arrange fish in a single layer.
- In a sauce pan, combine black beans, chili garlic sauce, soy sauce and water. Bring to a boil, stirring regularly, and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes. Pour mixture over tilapia.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake in a 375 F oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and sauce is reduced. Serve hot.