To the man I’ve kissed but never quite turned into a prince, these garlic butter fried frog legs are for you.
Garlic Butter Fried Frog Legs
- 1 lb about 3 to 4 pieces frog legs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup corn starch
- oil for frying
For the Garlic Butter Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon green onions chopped
- Rinse frog legs and pat dry.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Toss frog legs in mixture to fully coat and marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Dip frog legs in beaten egg then toss in corn starch until completely coated, shaking off excess.
- In a skillet, heat about 1 inch of oil over medium heat. Fry frog legs, turning once or twice, for about 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. To serve, pour garlic butter sauce over frog legs.
For Garlic Butter Sauce
- In a sauce pan, melt butter. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds or until limp and fragrant.
- Add cayenne powder and season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat and stir in green onions.