Hello everyone! A quick update: I have been considering it for weeks and yesterday, I finally decided to switch my email marketing service provider from Feedburner over to Aweber. Feedburner is a free service and I am very grateful for how it has helped me effortlessly grow Kawaling Pinoy’s mailing list on its first year. A big thanks to you, my readers, Kawaling Pinoy now has over 2000 RSS and email subscribers. It is time to make a change and I am very excited. This move to Aweber will provide me with better tools to better communicate with you. Please note, if you are already a subscriber of Kawaling Pinoy under Feedburner, you will be receiving an email in the next few days asking you to confirm your subscription again (this time under Aweber). I apologize for the inconvenience but this process is important for you to continue receiving recipe and giveaway updates from Kawaling Pinoy. Again, thank you. Thank you so much for being here.
On to the recipe, this tortang tahong is a delicious smorgasbord of mussels, shallots, spring onions and tomatoes sauteed in oyster sauce and then enveloped in fluffy eggs. I had a big wedge of it dipped in banana ketchup and paired with rice for lunch today and yum, yum, yum. It was well-enjoyed.
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 to 4 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pound mussels, cooked and removed from shells
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- In a bowl, combine eggs and salt and pepper to taste. Beat eggs until frothy.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until limp. Add tomatoes and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add mussels and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add oyster sauce and stir to combine.
- Add beaten eggs, swirling pan to fully disperse over mussels. Sprinkle green onions on top. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until eggs begin to set.
- Remove from stove and transfer to a 375 F oven. Continue to cook for about 10 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Transfer into serving plate and cut into wedges.