Grilled Shrimp Mango Avocado Salad is a refreshing medley of flavors you’d love as a side dish or a light lunch. Chock-full of grilled shrimps, juicy mangoes, creamy avocados, and crisp cucumbers with a tangy honey lime dressing, it’s healthy and delicious.
Now that our weather is beginning to crank up, I’ve been making more fresh salads than hot meals for our dinners at home. Last week was all about poke bowls and today, I am switching it up with a grilled shrimp mango avocado salad that’s chockful of delicious flavor and texture.
These salads not only require minimal time to put together, but they’re also a delicious way to get my bod beach-ready in time for summer. 🙂
Grilled Shrimp Mango Avocado Salad is a simple no-fuss meal you can have ready in a cinch. The salad can be easily halved or doubled depending on what you need and it can also be prepared a few hours in advance which makes it perfect for serving a crowd. I usually enjoy it as a light lunch but it’s equally amazing as a side dish for your favorite BBQ meats.
A refreshing medley of grilled shrimps, juicy mangoes, creamy avocados, crisp cucumbers, and pungent red onions in a sweet and tangy honey lime dressing, every spoonful of this summer salad is like a party in your mouth! And not only does it tastes great, but it’s also packed with nutrients that are good for you!
Tips on How to Make Grilled Shrimp Mango Avocado Salad:
- For best texture, use mangoes that are ripe enough to be bright yellow and sweet but are still on the firm side. I highly suggest Indian mangoes for this recipe as they have a firmer flesh than our Manila variety when ripe.
- I prefer Persian cucumbers as they have thin skins and minimal seeds. They are also very crunchy and hold up better in the dressing.
- If you’re making the salad ahead for a party, cut open and toss in the avocados just before serving to keep from browning. You can also drizzle them with lemon juice to retard discoloration.
- I use a grill pan to cook the shrimps but you can just easily use a regular skillet. Make sure to only lightly grease the pan and cook on high heat so the shrimps sear nicely and do not overcook in their steam. Grill the shrimps until color changes to pink and chill in the refrigerator to cool completely.
- I love this salad as is for lunch but you can easily bulk it up by serving over a bed of chopped lettuce or salad greens.
Grilled Shrimp Mango Avocado Salad
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large mangoes, peeled, pitted and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into-inch cubes
- 4 Persian cucumbers, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled and sliced thinly
For the Honey Lime Dressing
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine shrimp, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Marinate for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Over high heat. heat a lightly greased grill pan until very hot. Add shrimps in a single layer and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until color begins to change to pink. Turn and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan, cover, and chill in the refrigerator until completely cooled.
- Meanwhile, combine lime juice, honey, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well.
- In a large bowl, combine grilled shrimps, mangoes, avocados, cucumbers, and red onions. Drizzle honey lime dressing and gently toss to combine.