I have a few of my favorite fruit salsas at my other blog, Onion Rings and Things, and I thought it’s time, being summer and all sorts of fruit are abundant, to bring some of the deliciousness here. Each a wonderful combination of vibrant fruits (you have to try the kiwi, mango and strawberry combo!), these salsas are a must-have summer treat! Light, refreshing and good for ya, they are not only perfect as dips for chips but also as accompaniment for grilled meats and seafood.
This pineapple salsa takes less than 15 minutes to make and requires but onions, cilantro, lime juice and chili pepper to come together. It’s sweet and tangy, juicy and yummy! So addicting, I always bring this salsa to potlucks and it’s always the first to go. Please note that the beauty of this salsa depends on the freshness of ingredients. To experience it at its best, use only fresh pineapples. Absolutely no canned stuff!
- 1 whole pineapple peeled and diced
- 1 small onion peeled and finely chopped
- ½ bunch cilantro stemmed and chopped
- 1 serrano pepper seeded and minced
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine pineapples, onion, cilantro, chili pepper, lime juice and salt. Gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.