Buko Pandan Drink with pandan gelatin and shredded young coconut in a creamy coconut juice. Refreshing and delicious, this tropical drink is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
How was everyone’s 4th of July weekend? From the increased number of searches and traffic that came to the site for BBQ pork on a stick, I am assuming you guys fired up the grill as we did.
G had a blast barbecuing and turned out quite a backyard feast for us. The resident grill master made carne asada, bacon-wrapped hot dogs, and burger sliders among other things. I, on the other hand, took care of the potato salad, peanut coleslaw and a variety of summer drinks to beat the heat.
The watermelon coolers and cucumber agua frescas I prepared were a hit with G’s family while I kept myself delicious hydrated with this ice-cold buko pandan drink. Creamy and chock-full of young coconut strips and pandan-flavored gelatin cubes, this tropical beverage is perfect for the dog days of summer. Enjoy!
Buko Pandan Drink
- 13.5 ounces coconut milk
- 4 cups coconut juice
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- 2 cups young coconut, shredded
- ice cubes
- 0.70 ounces agar agar bars
- 3 cups young coconut juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 drops pandan extract
- In a large pitcher, combine coconut milk, coconut juice, and condensed milk. Stir until well-blended.
- Add young coconut strips and gulaman cubes.
- Chill for about 1 to 2 hours. Serve in glasses over ice.
- For the Gulaman
- In a large pot, soak agar agar in coconut juice for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook, stirring regularly, until agar agar melts.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Continue to cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until agar agar is completely melted.
- Add pandan extract and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat. Pour into a flat dish and allow to cool in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until agar agar is set and hardened. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes.