Calamansi Juice made of freshly-squeezed calamondin juice and simple syrup. Tangy and refreshing, this Filipino-style limeade is a delicious way to keep cool all year long!
It's Memorial day today and summer has officially arrived with all its fun and sun. What better way to beat the heat than an icy cold pitcher of calamansi juice?
This Filipino-style limeade is a delicious tropical drink you'd want on your beverage list year-round. It's tart, fragrant, and so refreshing!
Calamondin drink is so easy to make and requires only three parts. Feel free to adjust the recipe to suit your tastes!
- simple syrup
- calamansi juice
- Although sugar can be stirred directly in the calamansi mixture, I like to take the extra effort of making a simple syrup. Sugar doesn't dissolve well in cold liquids and tends to settle in the bottom. Heating it in equal parts of water until fully dissolved ensures your next glass of juice is beautifully sweetened.
- For a healthier alternative, use honey.
- To add another layer of flavor, infuse the simple syrup with fresh ginger or mint leaves.
- To extract more juice, roll the calamansi on the counter to soften. Use the yellow, more mature fruits as they are just as sour but juicier.
How to serve
- The drink is best served icy cold. If serving over ice, make it a tad stronger as the melted ice will water down the taste.
- Limeade will keep in the fridge for 5 to 7 days.
- Havea a glass or two left over? Pour in ice cube trays, freeze, and blend when you're in the mood for a slushie!
Looking for more refreshing drinks to ward off the heat? Try this cucumber lime smoothie!
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup calamansi juice
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and 1 cup of the water. Cook, stirring regularly, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Halve the calamansi fruit and extract the juice by hand or a juicer. Using a fine-mesh sieve, strain and discard seeds and skin.
- In a pitcher, combine calamansi juice, simple syrup, and the remaining 3 cups of water. Stir well to combine.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours or serve over ice.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”