Cucumber Lime Smoothie made with cucumber, lime juice, and honey. Deliciously tart and refreshing, it’s a low-calorie drink you’ll love year round!
Bright and early this morning, G was off to Sam’s Club to buy a couple of cases of water and a few household essentials we were running out of. As he headed for the door, he asked if I wanted anything from the store. “Zucchini, please. I am going to make bread.
Fast forward an hour, or so later, I was helping him unload the groceries when he handed me two long green something in a flimsy clear bag, “Got you your zucchini.” I mumbled my thanks and proceeded to unwrap what I was expecting to be zucchini. They were CUCUMBERS! 😂 A for effort, you guys!
Remember that Rolling Stones song, You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes well you might find, you get what you need?.
Well, I threw the peeled cucumber slices in the blender along with freshly squeezed lime juice, sugar, and ice and whirled myself this cucumber lime smoothie. With it and a book I’ve wanted to read in tow, I lounged in our backyard patio the whole afternoon, just relaxing, reading and taking glorious sips of this awesome refreshment.
That, my friends, sure beats being in the kitchen on a hot summer day baking bread. Definitely what I needed. 🙂
Tips on How to Make Cucumber Lime Smoothie
- Use this recipe as a baseline. You can add more or less sugar, lime juice or ice as you like. Just taste-test and tweak accordingly.
- Substitute honey for the sugar if you prefer a healthier sweetener.
- To get the most juice out of the limes, roll them on a flat surface a few times to soften.
Cucumber Lime Smoothie
- 4 cucumbers, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups ice
- In a blender, combine cucumbers, lime juice, sugar, and ice. Blend to desired consistency.
- Pour into serving glasses and garnish with mint leaves, if desired.