Mango bread loaf deliciously studded with raisins is your new favorite baked treat! Soft, moist, and bursting with bright mango and warm cinnamon flavors, it's great for breakfast or midday snack.
Now that I am blogging full time and my cooking is no longer restricted to only weekends, I've been slowly updating photos on both my blogs that are, um, ugly. I have so much to learn and, to this day, still struggle with my food photography, but I'd like to think I've learned a little these last
three seven years and can now give these old photos better justice.
Anyway, after re-shooting my mango royale yesterday, I had a few pieces of the fruit left that were ripening fast and needed to be used ASAP. I thought of turning them into mango and cream cheese turon, but since I haven't posted any baked goods lately, I decided on a mango loaf instead.
Good thing I did, this quick bread is the best use of mangoes ever! It came out so soft, moist, and bursting with bright mango and warm cinnamon flavors; I might have swooned a little.
And not only is it a hearty and flavorful, but this mango bread loaf is also simple to make. It's all a matter of stirring the ingredients together, and you don't even need a mixer!
You can easily bake a batch, or two, to bring to potlucks or to give out as homemade gifts. But why would you? They're the perfect breakfast, or any time of the day snack, you'll want to keep all the yummy slices to yourself. No judgment here. 😉
Make two or three loaves at a time and freeze for whenever a bread craving strikes!
How to freeze and store
- The quick bread will keep at room temperature for up to four days. Place on a plate and cover tightly with plastic film or store in an airtight container.
- It will keep in the freezer indefinitely but is best consumed within 3 to 4 months. Wrap the whole loaf or each slice individually in aluminum foil and transfer in a resealable bag, squeezing out as much air as possible.
- To serve, thaw at room temperature for about 20 to 30 minutes for slices or 2 to 3 hours for a whole loaf.
Mango Bread Loaf
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 Manila mangoes (about 2 ½ cups), peeled and chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, ground cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together until well-distributed.
- In a small bowl, combine oil and eggs. Beat until well-blended and add to flour mixture.
- Add mangoes, raisins, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake in a 350 F oven for about 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing.