Mango bread loaf deliciously studded with fresh mango and raisins is your new baking favorite! Soft, moist, and bursting with bright mango and warm cinnamon flavors, it’s amazing with as a quick breakfast or anytime snack.
Now that I am blogging full time and my cooking is no longer restricted to only weekends, I’ve been slowly updating photos on the both my blogs that are, um, ugly. I have so much to learn and, to this day, still struggle heavily with my food photography but I’d like to think I’ve come a long way these last three years and can now give these old photos better justice.
The ones on the left were taken three years ago and the ones on the right were this weekend. As you can see, the new photos are far from perfect but they are definitely better. And sometimes, that’s all we can ask for.
Anyway, after re-shooting the mango royale, I was left with a few pieces of the fruit which were ripening fast and needed to be used ASAP. I initially planned on doing a Chinese mango and beef stir-fry but since I haven’t posted any baked goods lately, I decided on this mango bread instead.
Good thing I did, this mango bread loaf is the best use of mangoes ever! The bread came out so soft, moist and bursting with bright mango and warm cinnamon flavors, I might have swooned a little.
Guys, I may consider myself an experienced enough cook but I am first to admit, my baking skills leave much to be desired. Nothing to write home to mom about, so to speak. This mango bread loaf, however, is so simple to make it’s almost
It’s all a matter of stirring the ingredients together, you don’t even need a mixer! You can easily bake a batch, or two, to bring to potlucks or to give out as homemade gifts. But why would ya? They make the perfect breakfast or any time of the day snack, you’ll want to keep all the yummy slices to yourself. No judgment here. 😉
Mango Bread Loaf
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 Manila mangoes (about 2 1/2 cups), peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, ground cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Whisk together until well-distributed.
- In a small bowl, combine oil and eggs. Beat until well-blended and add to flour mixture.
- Add mangoes, raisins and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake in a 350 F oven for about 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing.