Corned Beef Spaghetti is easy to make, tasty, and budget-friendly, too! Made of corned beef and a sweet-style sauce, this Filipino pasta dish is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Canned corned beef is a pantry staple in my house. When my favorite brand goes on sale, I make sure to stock up a few cans to use in my home cooking.
It’s easy to cook with and is relatively expensive. Other than the regular ginisa with onions and potatoes, there are so many delicious meals the potted meat can be used such as in bread, sinigang soups, frittatas, and pasta sauces.
Unlike my Filipino-style spaghetti which requires a more extensive list of ingredients (yes, hot dogs!) and little longer cook time (need to simmer all those flavors together!), this corned beef spaghetti version pulls together with just a handful of ingredients and in less than twenty minutes.
Helpful Cooking Tips
- For best texture, use chunky corned beef. My preferred brands are Ox & Palm and Purefoods.
- The recipe uses packaged Filipino sweet-style spaghetti sauce, but feel free to make it from scratch using tomato sauce and banana ketchup if you like.
- Boost the texture and nutrients by adding veggies to the sauce such as chopped bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Give it a smoky layer of flavor with hot dogs, bacon, or ham.
How to Serve Spaghetti with Corned Beef
- It can be enjoyed as a midday snack or main dish. Serve with a side of tossed salad and garlic bread for a hearty meal.
- To store leftovers, it’s best to keep the sauce and noodles separately as they may require different thaw and reheat times. Transfer into airtight containers and keep in the refrigerator for up to three days or in the freezer for up to two weeks for noodles and up to 3 months for pasta.
- To reheat, drop the frozen spaghetti in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes and heat the sauce in a saucepan over medium heat until internal temperature reads 165 F. Or, drop the noodles directly into the simmering sauce and cook until the desired temperature is reached.
Corned Beef Spaghetti
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) corned beef
- 2 cups sweet-style spaghetti sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup quick melt cheese, shredded
- In a pot over medium heat, cook spaghetti according to package directions for about 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain well and keep warm.
- In a saucepot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add corned beef and break into pieces with the back of a spoon.
- Add spaghetti sauce and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, transfer spaghetti onto a serving platter, spoon sauce over pasta, and sprinkle cheese on top. Serve hot.