If you liked Kawaling Pinoy Facebook page in the past, you probably noticed that as of a few days ago, new updates show up on your newsfeed every hour (thank you, Facebook scheduler!) and include recipes/videos from other blogs along with Kawaling Pinoy’s. It’s a new thing I am trying in an effort to grow my Facebook page and although it takes a ginormous amount of time to scour the world wide web for recipes, cooking tips and lifestyle videos, I think KP readers who follow the blog via Facebook will enjoy the variety of delicious meal ideas. I’ve also adopted the same model for my Onion Rings and Things Facebook page and if you can please like the page as well, you’ll forever own my ♡
Anyway, one of the cool things I shared on my Facebook page today was an interesting twist on pizza I discovered on my favorite Kababayan blog, The Peach Kitchen. The uber creative Peachy used corned beef as a delectable topping for her homemade pizza, proving once again how super versatile this canned meat is!
Unlike my Filipino-style spaghetti which requires a more extensive list of ingredients (yes, hot dogs!) and little longer cook time (need to simmer all those flavors together!), this corned beef spaghetti version pulls together with less than 5 ingredients (ok, not counting salt and pepper) and in less than twenty minutes.
I have to admit, though, I kinda cheated by using Del Monte sweet style sauce instead of the usual tomato sauce and banana ketchup combo. Forgive me. Take one bite of this corned beef spaghetti and all will be forgotten.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 (15 ounces) can corned beef (chunky style such as Ox & Palm or Purefoods)
- 2 cups sweet-style spaghetti sauce (I used Del Monte)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounces) package uncooked spaghetti
- quickmelt cheese, shredded
- In a pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until limp. Add corned beef and break into pieces with back of spoon.
- Add spaghetti sauce and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a pot over medium heat, cook spaghetti according to package directions in boiling water for about 7 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain well.
- To serve, transfer spaghetti onto serving platter, spoon sauce over pasta and sprinkle cheese on top. Serve hot.
Tools/Supplies You Might Need for the Recipe (disclosure: affiliate link)
Martin Chunky Corned Beef 11.5oz (5 Pack)