Slow Cooker Ham cooked in brown sugar and pineapple juice in the crockpot. Easy to make, tasty, and perfect for Sundays or holidays!
My friends, BER season is here! I don't know about you, but I can hardly wait for this year to pass and get on with the new.
The last few months have been exhausting on so many levels, it would be nice to celebrate the holidays and feel normal again. That's why I thought to get started with my Christmas recipe series early and have party ideas ready for you like I do each and every year.
First up on our list is pineapple-glazed spiral ham. If you're looking to free yourself from kitchen prep and have more time to enjoy the company of your guests this season, make sure to print, pin, or bookmark this recipe.
Ham glaze ingredients
It only has three ingredients and three of them are pantry staples you probably already have on hand.
- pineapple rings packed in juice
- maraschino cherries
- brown sugar
This slow cooker ham is the perfect dish to make when you want an impressive Noche Buena centerpiece but without the effort. Other than having a short list of ingredients, it conveniently cooks in the crockpot with minimal prep and almost zero tending.
The recipe is so easy in fact, the hardest part is arranging the pineapple rings and cherries over the top of ham which is actually more fun than work. Just stir the brown sugar and pineapple juice together and dump over the decorated ham in the slow cooker.
Set the slow cooker on low for four hours and let it do its magic. The ham turns out tender and flavorful, with a sweet and fruity glaze to spoon over each hearty slice!
If you want a more caramelized outer layer, transfer the cooked ham in a baking sheet and broil for 2 to 3 minutes. This step is totally optional but it definitely boosts appearance and flavor.
How to serve
- Serve for Sunday dinners or holiday celebrations with classic sides such as mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and green beans.
- Have extra slices? Chop up and use pasta or potato salads and soups as well as filling for cheesy bread rolls or topping for pizzas.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- 8 pounds bone-in, spiral sliced ham
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple rings packed in juice
- ¼ cup maraschino cherries
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Slow cooker
- Remove the pineapple rings from the can and transfer the juice to a separate bowl.
- Add the brown sugar to the pineapple juice and whisk until well combined.
- Place ham into the slow cooker.
- Using toothpicks, secure the pineapple rings and cherries over the top of the ham.
- Pour the brown sugar-pineapple juice mixture all over the ham.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid and set to cook on LOW for 4 hours. Two or three times during cooking time, open the lid and baste the ham with the juice in the slow cooker.
- Remove ham from the slow cooker and transfer onto a serving platter. Serve hot.
- If desired, transfer onto a foil-lined baking sheet and broil for 2 to 3 minutes.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”
Leave a Comment