Baked Salmon with Tamarind Mayo Topping using one special trick for super moist and flavorful fish! Pair with steamed rice for a quick and easy weeknight dinner that’s ready in minutes!
I do enjoy the sweet and salty interplay of teriyaki on salmon, but if you ask me my favorite way to prepare this fish, it would be to top the fillet with mayo and pop it in the oven for a quick broil.
You see, I am a haphazard cook. I run around my kitchen like Mike, The Headless Chicken, trying to do a gazillion things all at the same time. Check FB, wash dishes, chat on the phone, check FB, sweep the floor, chat on the phone, all the while chopping, sauteing, braising, baking a gazillion yummy things. I certainly have my fair share of burnt dishes on the stove or baked goods in the oven.
This is why I love mayo on my salmon, it’s almost impossible to overcook the fish! The thin film of mayo slathered on top of the fillet creates a protective crust which keeps it from drying out in the oven even if cooked a tad longer.
I’ve always had scrumptious success with this technique, whether I spruce it up with a dollop of sweet chili sauce or a spoonful of fresh tomato salsa so when I saw this baked salmon with tamarind mayo topping recipe, I knew I was in for a delicious meal ahead. And I was right! The salmon came out super moist and tasty with a delicious hint of tangy tamarind flavor.
Give it a try for dinner tonight; serve with steamed rice for a quick and easy meal that’s ready in minutes!
Baked Salmon with Tamarind Mayo Topping
- 4 (4 ounces each) salmon fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon tamarind base powder
- Wash salmon fillets and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste and let stand for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise and tamarind base powder. Stir until blended.
- Spoon tamarind-mayo mixture over fillets and spread across the top to fully cover.
- Bake in a 400 F oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until fish easily flakes with a fork and top is bubbly and lightly browned. Serve hot.