Baked Salmon with Tamarind Mayo Topping using one special trick for super moist and flavorful fish! Pair with steamed rice for a quick and easy weeknight dinner that’s ready in minutes!
Salmon is on regular dinner rotation in our house and we love it whatever way it’s cooked. My most favorite method, however, to prepare the fish is to top the fillet with mayo and pop it in the oven for a quick broil.
Baking fish, mussels, and shrimps with a mayo topping is my top cooking hack. It’s almost impossible to overcook them! The thin film of mayo creates a protective crust which keeps the seafood from drying out in the oven even if cooked a tad longer.
I’ve always had delicious results with this technique, whether I flavor up the mayonnaise with a dollop of sweet chili sauce, a spoonful of fresh tomato salsa or in this case, a tablespoon of tamarind powder.
This baked salmon with tamarind-mayo topping is a must-try! You’ll be amazed how moist and tasty it turns out with so little effort. This is a quick and easy meal you can have ready on the table in under 30 minutes and with only 5 ingredients!
How to Make Baked Salmon with Tamarind-Topping
- Pat the salmon dry and season with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange in a single layer on a lightly-greased or foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise and tamarind powder. Spoon the mixture on top of the fillets and spread evenly to cover.
- Bake the salmon in a 375 F oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the top is golden, and the fish easily flakes with a fork.
How to Serve Baked Salmon
- Serve with steamed rice, buttered noodles or roasted potatoes and a vegetable side dish such as steamed broccoli, Asian vegetable stir-fry or pickled mangoes for a tasty and satisfying meal.
- Wrap in a tortilla, pita bread, or lettuce leaves for a light yet filling packed lunch.
- Enjoy cold over green salads or use as a sandwich filling.
More Salmon Recipes
Baked Salmon with Tamarind Mayo Topping
- 4 (4 ounces each) salmon fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon tamarind base powder
- Wash salmon fillets and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise and tamarind base powder. Stir until blended.
- Spoon tamarind-mayo mixture over fillets and spread across the top to fully cover.
- Bake in a 375 F oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until fish easily flakes with a fork and top is bubbly and lightly browned. Serve hot.