We have 5 days to go before our March giveaway ends. Have you entered yet? To encourage you to join, here is a popular summer treat you can easily prepare using this Magic Bullet Hi-speed blender. Avocado ice candy!
Ice candy is the Filipino’s version of popsicle but instead of freezing the flavored liquid around a stick, the concoction is funneled into plastic casings which are handy for on-the-go enjoyment. These freezer pops are sold in almost every corner variety store and are made with a variety of tropical ingredients in season such as young coconut, mango, melon, pineapple and avocado blended with fruit juice, sugared water or milk. If you are from the U.S. and have no local access to ice candy plastic bags, you can purchase them at Amazon (affiliate link!) or use regular popsicle molds instead. Enjoy!
- 4 large avocados
- 4 cups fresh milk
- 1 (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup sugar
- Cut avocado in half, discard pit and scoop out flesh.
- In a blender, combine avocado, fresh milk, condensed milk and sugar. Process until smooth.
- Using a funnel, pour blended mixture into plastic bags up to ¾ full leaving about 3 inches of plastic.
- Twist the remaining three inches until tube is firm but not too tight and tie into a knot. Arrange filled plastic tubes in a single layer on a flat dish and freeze for about 2 to 3 hours or until frozen.