It’s been days since my last recipe here at Kawaling Pinoy. Forgive me, yes, please? My recent out-of-town trip and the mini makeover done on the condo sorta skewed my weekend cooking schedule. And to top that, I seem to be on some sorta brain funk lately. I’ve been in front of the computer since mid afternoon and I have yet to stitch two words together into a sentence. Major brain freeze. So yeah, let’s make this post short and sweet.
Want something fast and delicious for tonight’s dinner? Say hello to pork and green bean stir-fry. With simple prep steps and quick cook time, this vibrant vegetable dish go from kitchen to dinner table in less than 30 minutes. And with crisp goodness and sweet and salty flavors, it is easily my favorite way to enjoy green beans. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 thumb-sized ginger peeled and minced
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound green beans ends trimmed and cut thinly on a bias
- 2 medium carrots peeled and julienned
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a wok or wide skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions, garlic and ginger. Cook until limp and aromatic. Add ground pork and cook, breaking into pieces with back of spoon, until lightly browned. Drain excess oil as needed.
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, water and brown sugar. Stir until blended and sugar is dissolved. Add to ground pork and continue to cook until sauce is slightly reduced.
- Increase heat to high. Add green beans and carrots. Continue to cook, stirring regularly, for about 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender yet crisp. Season with salt to taste and generously with pepper. Serve hot.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”