Cheese pineapple sandwich spread delivers the tropical flavors you love in 10 minutes and with 4 simple ingredients! Creamy with the perfect medley of sweet and savory flavors, it's delicious as a snack or appetizer.
Since it's back to school here in California, I thought I'll update the two special sandwich spread recipes on the blog with new photos and cooking tips for parents out there looking for lunch bag ideas.
Cheese pineapple sandwich spread is one of my favorite sandwich fillings and along with chicken salad, I always make a batch of it on the weekends to enjoy throughout the week. I just can't get enough of its creamy, sweet and tangy taste!
This cheese pineapple spread is sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike. It makes a delicious sandwich filling as well as a tasty appetizer on buttery Ritz crackers.
Any way you serve it, it's sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Other than super creamy and tasty, it's also quick and easy to put together. You get the all tropical flavors you love in 10 minutes of prep time and just 4 simple ingredients!
- Crushed pineapple, canned
- Shredded cheese
- Salt to taste
- I like to use American processed cheese as it has a creamy and mellow taste that goes well with the sweet pineapples. If you prefer a sharper flavor, substitute cheddar.
- The mixture will be a little loose at first; give it a few minutes in the refrigerator to chill and firm up.
- Want to make it smoky and meaty? Stir in some chopped ham!
How to store
Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Due to the nature of the ingredients, this spread does not freeze well.
Cheese Pineapple Sandwich Spread
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 ½ cups American processed cheese, shredded (Eden)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt to taste
- In a bowl, combine crushed pineapple, shredded cheese, and mayonnaise. Season with salt to taste. Stir well.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld.