Guys, I can’t say enough how much I appreciate you. These past few days have been super crazy amazing at Kawaling Pinoy. The site usually averages around 15,000 to 20,000 pageviews a day and with ya’ all visiting for Christmas recipes, it hit its all-time high of almost 50,000 pageviews on December 23. Yipee! Yehey! Again, thank you, thank you, for making Kawaling Pinoy a part of your holiday celebrations.
As you can see from the graph above, leche flan led the top ten recipes you came for and in close second was my Filipino-style macaroni salad. My peeps, I can’t agree more with your choices. Forgive me for patting my own back but I gotta say, my macaroni salad is the bomb! It’s chock-full of every delicious thing you can think of, from shredded chicken, crushed pineapple, diced ham, crisp carrots, cheese cubes to plump raisins. And I make my chicken potato salad basically with the same good stuff. Loads of flavor and texture in this potato salad, folks, it’s definitely another crowd pleaser.
That’s it for now, my favorite people. As I leave you to your Christmas festivities, I wish you and your family the best during this holiday season and throughout the year. Maligayang Pasko!
- 4 to 6 large potatoes
- ½ pound chicken breast or thigh meat, boneless and skinless
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- ½ cup ham, cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Under cold running water, rinse potatoes well. In a pot, place potatoes and enough cold water (you can slightly salt the water if you wish) to cover. Over medium heat, bring to a boil. Cover and cook potatoes for about 12 to 15 minutes or until tender yet firm to bite. Drain potatoes and allow to cool. Peel and discard skins. With a knife, cut into 1-inch cubes.
- In a pot, add chicken meat and enough water to cover. Bring the water to a boil and then lower to a simmer. Simmer chicken for about 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Drain from liquid, allow to completely cool and shred. Set aside.
- In a pot, bring water to a boil. Add diced carrots and cook for about 30 seconds. With a slotted spoon, remove from water and plunge into an ice bath until completely cool. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, chicken, carrots, eggs, onions, pineapple, pickle relish, ham, mayonnaise and sweetened condensed milk. Gently stir together until evenly distributed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld.