Mock Pancit Canton Stir-fry is a delicious way to turn instant ramen noodles into a hearty and tasty meal. Chock full of shrimp, chicken, and veggies, it’s an easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love!
Instant ramen noodles are a staple in my pantry. I love how I can quickly turn a packet or two into a full soup or stir-fry meal using whatever scraps of meat, seafood, or veggies I have in the fridge.
Not only is its ingredient list flexible, but it’s fast and easy to make. It’s ready to enjoy in under 30 minutes!
I cooked the ramen a la pancit canton in this recipe, adding chicken, Chinese sausage, shrimp, broccoli, and carrots. Check out the list below of other proteins and vegetables you might like.
Ingredients for pancit
- sliced pork belly
- chicken livers
- crispy fried tofu
- snow peas
- bok choy
- beef sirloin strips
- fish or squid balls
- hard-boiled or fried eggs
- fried garlic bits
Lucky Me instant pancit canton also works well in this recipe, but my preferred brand is Indomie instant noodles which you can find at Walmart, Target, and most Asian supermarkets or online. It’s specifically for stir-frying and has a better texture.
Use the included seasoning packet or the spicy sauce below to kick up flavors. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients and toss with the noodles.
Dragon noodles spicy sauce
- Two tablespoons water,
- Two tablespoons Srichacha
- Two tablespoons soy sauce
- Two tablespoons brown sugar
- Do not overboil the noodles; precook them a minute or two shy of the package’s suggested time, as they will continue to cook when stir-fried with the rest of the ingredients.
- The cooking process is quick, so have your ingredients prepped and ready to go.
- Cut ingredients into uniform sizes to ensure even cooking.
- Use a wok or a wide pan with high sides for easy and less messy stir-frying.
More pancit recipes
- 2 packs Lucky Me Instant Pancit Canton or Indomie instant ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 pound boneless chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 2 pieces Chinese sausage, sliced thin in a bias
- 1/4 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- fried garlic bits
- green onions, chopped
- calamansi, halved
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, cook instant noodles according to package directions. Drain well, reserving about 1/4 cup of the liquid.
- Add seasoning packet to the drained noodles and toss to fully coat.
- In a wide pan over medium heat, heat canola oil. Add onions and cook until softened.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring regularly until lightly browned.
- Add Chinese sausage and cook, stirring regularly, until lightly browned.
- Add shrimp and cook until color changes to pink.
- Add broccoli.
- Add reserved liquid and continue to cook, stirring regularly, until broccoli florets are tender yet crisp and liquid is absorbed.
- Add carrots and cook until tender-crisp.
- Add instant noodles and continue to cook, tossing to combine, until heated through.
- To serve, transfer to serving plate and garnish with fried garlic bits, green onions, and calamansi, if desired. Serve hot.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”
Leave a Comment