Mock Pancit Canton Stir-fry is a delicious way to turn instant ramen noodles into a hearty and tasty meal. Chock full of shrimp, chicken, and veggies, it’s an easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love!
Shoot me, I used instant noodles from a packet and I am calling it a recipe. On second thought, please don’t shoot me. I’ve been through a lot.
Last Thursday, I had a freak accident. At around 2:30 in the morning, I got up from bed to twinkle, but I guess I was half-asleep as instead of going to the restroom, I headed to the nearby stairs. Before I realized it, I was rolling down the steep steps, screaming like a mad woman. #itcanonlyhappentome.
My left knee was (and still is) pretty banged up but thank you, Jesus, my injuries could have been a lot worse with such a nasty fall. I stayed off my feet all day today and this mock pancit canton stir-fry provided the quickest and easiest way to lunch.
Instant ramen noodles are a staple in my pantry. I love how I can easily turn a packet or two into a complete meal using whatever scraps of meat, seafood or veggies I have in the fridge.
I use chicken, Chinese sausage, shrimp, broccoli, and carrots for this simple recipe but you can use any protein and vegetables you normally add in pancit.
Ingredients for Pancit
- sliced pork belly
- chicken livers
- crispy fried tofu
- snow peas
- bok choy
- beef sirloin strips
- fish or squid balls
- hard-boiled or fried eggs
- fried garlic bits
Not only is its ingredient list flexible, but this noodle stir-fry is also only fast and easy to make. It’s ready to enjoy in under 30 minutes!
Lucky Me instant pancit canton also works well in this recipe try to find Indomie instant noodles if you can at Walmart, Target, and most Asian supermarkets or online. This brand of ramen is made specifically for stir-frying and have a better texture.
You can use the included seasoning packet or you can kick up flavors using this spicy sauce below. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients and toss with the noodles.
Dragon Noodles Spicy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons water,
- 2 tablespoons Srichacha
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Tips on How to Make Mock Pancit Canton Stir-fry
- Do not overcook the noodles, boil them a minute or two shy of the package’s suggested cook time as they will continue to cook when stir-fried with the rest of the ingredients.
- The cooking process is pretty quick so have your ingredients prepped and ready to go.
- Cut ingredients into uniform sizes to ensure even cooking.
- Use a wok or a wide pan with high sides for easy and less mess stir-frying.
Mock Pancit Canton Stir-Fry
- 2 packs Lucky Me Instant Pancit Canton or Indomie instant ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 pound boneless chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 2 pieces Chinese sausage, sliced thin in a bias
- 1/4 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- fried garlic bits
- green onions, chopped
- calamansi, halved
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, cook instant noodles according to package directions. Drain well, reserving about 1/4 cup of the liquid.
- Add seasoning packet to the drained noodles and toss to fully coat.
- In a wide pan over medium heat, heat canola oil. Add onions and cook until softened.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring regularly until lightly browned.
- Add Chinese sausage and cook, stirring regularly, until lightly browned.
- Add shrimp and cook until color changes to pink.
- Add broccoli.
- Add reserved liquid and continue to cook, stirring regularly, until broccoli florets are tender yet crisp and liquid is absorbed.
- Add carrots and cook until tender-crisp.
- Add instant noodles and continue to cook, tossing to combine, until heated through.
- To serve, transfer to serving plate and garnish with fried garlic bits, green onions, and calamansi, if desired. Serve hot.