Crispy Sisig made with lechon kawali is delicious as an appetizer or main dish! Crispy, spicy, and full of flavor, it’s sure to be a crowd favorite!
Making Lechon kawali is a very elaborate process so when I do make it at home, I make it worth the time by using the biggest piece of pork belly I can find to allow for plenty of leftovers. I enjoy whatever I can consume of the sinful morsels with lechon sauce and then re-use what’s left for another meal.
Ways to use leftover lechon kawali
- Toss into a pot of Pinakbet for flavor and texture
- Replace the boiled pork face and belly with roughly chopped lechon kawali pieces for a delightful twist on tokwa’t baboy
- Add to ginisang munggo for an amazing soup
- Use as topping for Pancit Palabok, Pancit Guisado or even Goto
- Turn into sweet and tangy Paksiw na Lechon
- Make a crunchy version of Binagoongan Baboy
- And of course, Crispy Sisig!
Your next sizzling plate of sisig can’t get any easier than this recipe! Just chop up any crispy pork belly or pata, toss with citrus juice, onions, bell peppers, and chili peppers, and you have a tasty dish that’s sure to please the crowd.
How to serve
- Serve as an appetizer with your favorite drinks or as a main dish with steamed rice.
- To keep leftovers, store in an airtight container and refrigerate up to three days.
- To reheat place on a hot ungreased skillet and warm, turning as needed, until heated through.
- 4 cups lechon kawali, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded, cored and diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded, cored and diced
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 5 Thai chili peppers, minced
- 1/2 cup calamansi juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine lechon kawali, bell pepper, onions, chili peppers and calamansi juice. Gently toss together to evenly distribute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”