G and I have very different “waking” habits. While he’s up bright and early at 6 AM, I don’t see the light of day until past ten. Our enjoying a breakfast meal together doesn’t happen often as, by the time I wake up in search of my first bite of the day, he’s already had a few cups of coffee and a hefty plate of morning eggs.
Fortunately, we both share an affinity for the hearty flavors of Hormel MARY KITCHEN® Corned Beef Hash, we get to savor our favorite breakfast dish any time of the day.
Corned beef hash topped with over easy eggs and served with a side of buttered sourdough toast? Just as yummy and filling for dinner. 🙂
Hormel MARY KITCHEN® Corned Beef Hash is one thing we always have a good stock off in our pantry. I like that it comes in three convenient sizes to fit what we need, from the 7.5 ounces good for one hefty appetite to the large 25-ounces enough to feed a crowd.
Corned beef hash is not only the perfect staple for breakfast or brunch, it’s also a versatile and convenient ingredient for a lot of my favorite lunch or dinner recipes.
Here are a few creative ways you can turn corned beef hash into a hearty meal the whole family is sure to love:
- Quickly stir-fry the corned beef hash with onions, garlic, tomatoes, and shredded cabbage and serve piping-hot over steamed rice. Ah, comfort food at its best.
- Spread corned beef hash on sturdy sourdough bread or ciabatta rolls, top with a couple of slices of your favorite cheese and a spoonful of sauerkraut if you have it, and then toast on a panini grill until crisp on the outside and gooey on the inside. Yum, best sandwich ever!
- Use as filling for empanadas (hand pies), bread buns, taquitos or even egg rolls and you have an afternoon snack kids can’t get enough of.
- Top warm flour tortillas with corned beef hash, creamy coleslaw, cilantro and a spicy salsa for Irish-style tacos.
- Combine with leftover mashed potatoes, shape into balls, and roll in Panko bread crumbs to make potato croquettes.
- Stir together the corned beef hash with mayo, Thousand Island dressing, sauerkraut, and shredded cheese and bake in the oven until hot and bubbly for a party dip guests will be fighting over!
And, of course, Corned Beef Hash Breakfast Pizza.
You guys, this pizza has got to be most ingenious and delicious mashup ever! With savory corned beef, crisp bell peppers and onions, soft yolks, and sharp cheddar cheese on a crunchy crust, it’s the best thing to wake up to in the morning. With simple ingredients and ready in 30 minutes, it’s also one of the easiest and simplest breakfast meal you can make.
Just make sure to roll out the pizza dough as thin as possible so the eggs finish at the same time and don’t overcook. Other than that, enjoy and remember to follow Hormel® on Facebook or Pinterest for more delicious meal ideas and inspirations.
- 1 package (16 ounces) pizza dough
- olive oil
- 1½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (7.5 ounces) Hormel Mary's Kitchen Corned Beef Hash
- ½ small red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- ½ small green pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- ½ small red onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 4 to 5 eggs
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Press the dough or roll with a rolling pin into a 14 x 6 rustic rectangular shape and then gently transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Brush with olive oil.
- Top with 1 cup of the cheese, corned beef hash, green peppers, and onions, leaving four to five 3-inch areas of the dough untopped (eggs will be placed here).
- In a bowl, crack eggs one at a time and gently slip onto untopped space on dough.
- Top dough with the remaining cheese, being careful not to top the eggs.
- Bake in a 400 F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbling, crust is golden brown and eggs are done.
Thank you to Hormel® for sponsoring this post. All opinions expressed are my 100% my own.