I have to admit, the day I experimented with cream cheese to go with banana turon, I haven’t looked back since. I just love the creamy mess of melted cheese with every bite of caramelized bananas and golden brown lumpia sheets. But turon with strips of sweetened jackfruit is the traditional Filipino way and deserves a place here at Kawaling Pinoy’s deliciousness. Enjoy!
Banana Turon Prep time:Cook time:Total time:Yield: 2 DozensIngredients
- 12 saba bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 24 spring roll (lumpia) wrappers
- ½ cup sweetened jackfruit, sliced into strips
- Prepare bananas by peeling and cutting lengthwise into two halves. Roll in sugar.
- Separate wrappers into individual sheets. On a flat working surface, lay wrapper like a diamond. Arrange 1 banana slice in the middle of diamond and place 2 to 3 jackfruit strips lengthwise on top of banana slice. Fold bottom pointed end of wrapper over filling. Fold side ends of the sheet inward and roll into a log. Wet the pointed edge of the wrapper to completely seal. Roll sealed springrolls in sugar. Repeat with the remaining bananas.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat about 1-inch deep of oil. Add banana spring rolls seam side down and fry, turning once or twice, for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until crisp and golden brown.3.2.2925
October 8, 2013 By 2 Comments