Thai Mango Salad
Thai mango salad made of juicy mango strips, crisp bean sprouts, fragrant basil, toasted coconut, crunchy peanuts, and a tangy lime dressing. Fresh, healthy and delicious, it's your go-to side dish this summer season!
Servings: 4 Servings
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Thai chili pepper, stemmed and minced
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 ripe but very firm large Indian mangoes, peeled and julienned
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chiffonaded
In a bowl, combine lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, oil, and chili peppers. Whisk until well-blended and sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
In a skillet over medium heat, add coconut. Cook, stirring regularly, for about 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove immediately from pan and allow to cool.
In a large bowl, combine mango, bean sprouts, basil, toasted coconut and chopped nuts. Gently toss to distribute. When ready to serve, drizzle with lime dressing and toss.
Serving: 281g | Calories: 409kcal | Carbohydrates: 57.8g | Protein: 13.2g | Fat: 18.3g | Saturated Fat: 5.9g | Sodium: 738mg | Potassium: 889mg | Fiber: 5.9g | Sugar: 45.1g | Vitamin A: 1400IU | Vitamin C: 135.3mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2.2mg