Servings: 4 to 6 Servings
- 5 to 6 cups water
- 1 clove garlic peeled and pounded
- 1/2 pound head on shrimps tendrils trimmed
- 1/2 small calabasa peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 bunch sitaw ends trimmed and cut into 3-inch lengths
- 2 medium eggplant stems trimmed and cut in a bias into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium ampalaya seeded and cut into 1/2 inch thick
- 8 to 10 pieces okra ends trimmed and cut in a bias into halves
- 2 medium patola peeled and cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- salt and pepper to taste
In a pot over medium heat, combine water, onions and garlic and bring to a boil. Add shrimps and cook until they begin to change color.
Add calabasa and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until half-done. Add long beans and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggplant, ampalaya and okra and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add patola and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender yet crisp. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.