Sinigang na Salmon Belly sa Kamias
Sinigang na Salmon Belly sa Kamias with flavorful fish belly and vegetables in a sour soup is the perfect cold weather comfort food. Delicious served with steamed rice or enjoyed on its own!
Servings: 4 Servings
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 cups kamias
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 banana chili
- 1 cup labanos (radish), peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup long beans, ends trimmed and cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1 pound salmon belly, scaled and cut into pieces
- 1 eggplant, stemmed and cut into chunks
- 4 pieces okra, ends trimmed
- salt to taste
- 1 bunch bok choy
In a large pot over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Add fish sauce.
Add kamias, onions, tomatoes, and chili pepper. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
Add radish and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add bok choy and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
Add long beans, eggplant, and okra and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add salmon and continue to cook for about 7 to 10 minutes or until fish changes color and flakes easily and vegetables are tender yet crisp.
Season with salt to taste. Serve hot.
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 607mg | Potassium: 1539mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 9700IU | Vitamin C: 111.4mg | Calcium: 270mg | Iron: 3.1mg