Ahi Shoyu Poke
Ahi Shoyu Poke is a Hawaiian raw fish salad made with fresh ahi steaks, onions, macadamia nuts, and seasonings. It's refreshing and healthy meal perfect as an appetizer or entree served over sushi rice.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 pound sushi-grade ahi (tuna) steaks, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Maui onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nuts, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- sea salt to taste
- 4 cups sushi rice, cooked
In a large bowl, combine tuna, green onions, Maui onions, macadamia nuts, sesame seeds, and ginger.
Add soy sauce and sesame oil. Gently stir until combined. Season with sea salt to taste. Refrigerate for about 2 to 3 hours or until chilled before serving.
Serve poke over bowls of rice.
Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 864mg | Potassium: 372mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2550IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 2mg