Graham de Leche
Graham de Leche with graham cracker, whipped cream, and leche flan layers is a decadent dessert that's sure to impress. It's a special anytime treat and perfect for holiday gift-giving, too!
Servings: 15 Servings
For the Leche Flan
- 9 tablespoons sugar
- 12 yolks from large eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) condensed milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
For the Graham and Cream Layers
- 2 cups heavy cream, very cold
- 1 can (14 ounces) condensed milk, chilled
- 18 rectangular graham crackers (six 25-gram packs)
For the Leche Flan
In each llanera, place 3 tablespoons of sugar.
Set llanera over the stove on low heat and using tongs, move repeatedly over the flames until sugar is melted and golden. Continuously tilt and swirl the llanera to ensure even melting and to distribute melting liquid on the bottom of the mold.
Remove from heat and allow caramel to cool and harden.
In a mixing bowl, combine egg yolks, condensed milk, and evaporated milk. Stir until smooth and well-blended.
Using a cheesecloth or fine-mesh sieve, strain the mixture.
Ladle the mixture into the three prepared llaneras and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
Arrange in a single layer in a water bath and bake in a 375 F oven for about 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted at the center of the flan comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
Turn each flan over on a plate and drain the excess caramel.
For the Whipped Cream
In a large chilled bowl, combine heavy cream and condensed milk.
Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the mixture on medium speed until slightly thickened. Increase speed to medium-high and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
Arrange graham crackers in a single layer on the bottom of a rectangle container. If needed, cut the crackers in pieces to fit sides.
Spoon a few dollops of whipped cream over the graham crackers and using a spatula, spread evenly to cover the crackers.
Arrange another layer of graham crackers on top of the cream. Spoon more whipped cream on top of the crackers and using a spatula, spread to cover the crackers.
Gently place the leche flan with caramel side up on top and center of the whipped cream.
Fill the gaps around the flan with more whipped cream.
Repeat the process with the two remaining sets of Graham de leche.
Refrigerate overnight or freeze for about 3 to 5 hours before serving.
- 3 llaneras
- 3 rectangular plastic containers with lids
- Make sure to drain the excess caramel as the sugar syrup might seep into the cream and create puddles.
- To achieve the maximum volume, chill the bowl and the beaters for about 1 hour in the fridge or for about 15 minutes in the freezer. Make sure the heavy cream and condensed are very cold.
- Use any small rectangular dish or container that is wide and deep enough to fit the whole flan plus layers of graham crackers and whipped cream.
- The graham de leche can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to one month. If frozen, thaw for a few minutes prior to serving.
Calories: 453.2kcal | Carbohydrates: 51.69g | Protein: 9.89g | Fat: 23.62g | Saturated Fat: 12.93g | Cholesterol: 224.51mg | Sodium: 221.82mg | Potassium: 336.63mg | Fiber: 0.57g | Sugar: 41.46g | Vitamin A: 871.51IU | Vitamin C: 2.01mg | Calcium: 264.02mg | Iron: 1.23mg