This easy coconut rice recipe is a sweet dish you'll love! Spruce up your next batch of rice with this quick and easy Coconut Rice recipe. It's so tasty with a creamy flavor and crunchy with toasted coconut flakes topping. The perfect side dish to your favorite grilled meat or seafood.
Servings: 6 people
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut, unsweetened
- 2 cups Jasmine rice
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- green onions, chopped
In a pan over medium heat, add coconut flakes. Cook, stirring regularly, for about 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned and aromatic. Immediately remove from pan and set aside.
Under running water, rinse the rice a few times until water runs clear. Drain well.
In a pot with a tight-fitting lid, combine rice, coconut milk, water, and salt. Stir gently to disperse.
Over medium heat, bring to a boil uncovered. Lower heat, cover, and continue to cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Let sit, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
With a fork, gently fluff rice and transfer to a serving platter. Top with green onions and toasted coconut. Serve hot.
- After rinsing, drain the rice very well as extra moisture can affect the texture.
- Use a pot with a tight-fitting lid and is big enough to allow space for the expanding rice.
- For optimum texture, let the rice rest after cooking for about 10 minutes before fluffing.
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 394mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg