Corned Beef Sinigang
Sinigang na Corned Beef with vegetables and a tangy tamarind broth is hearty, tasty, and the perfect cold weather comfort food!
Servings: 4 Servings
- 5 cups water
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 6-inch radish, peeled and cut into 1-inch thickness
- 1/2 package tamarind soup base mix (about .70 ounce)
- 2 bunches bok choy, ends trimmed
- 1 can (11.5 ounces) chunky corned beef
- salt to taste
In a soup pot over medium heat, combine water, onion, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
Add radish. Lower heat and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
Add tamarind soup base mix and stir until dissolved.
Add bok chop and cook for about 1 minute.
Add corned beef and cook, breaking apart into large chunks with a spoon, for about 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
Season with salt to taste. Serve hot.
- For extra depth of flavor, use rice washing in place of plain water.
- Want a hint of spice? Add a piece or two of finger chili peppers (siling haba).
- For the best result, make sure to use CHUNKY corned beef and gently break it into large pieces. Limit stirring the soup to keep the meat intact.
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 1381mg | Potassium: 560mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 280IU | Vitamin C: 47.1mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1.9mg