Royal Bibingka is a Filipino rice cake traditionally served on holidays and special occasions. Sweet, chewy, and cheesy, it makes for a tasty snack or dessert!
Servings: 8 Servings
- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 1 cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon for dusting
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup evaporated or fresh milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
In a large bowl, combine glutinous rice flour, 1 cup of the sugar, coconut milk, evaporated milk, and eggs. Whisk together until batter is well-blended and smooth.
Generously grease an 11 x 9 baking dish or 10-inch cast-iron skillet with margarine or butter.
Transfer batter and bake in a 350 F oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Take out from the oven and carefully push down areas that are puffed up. Generously brush the top with butter or margarine.
Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and shredded cheese.
Return to oven and bake for another 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and the top is golden.
Remove from heat and allow to cool completely before slicing.
- If using an 8 x 8 pan, the cake will be thicker and would require a longer cook time.
- The sticky rice cake might puff up during baking. Don't worry, just push down gently to subside.
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 132mg | Potassium: 177mg | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 270IU | Vitamin C: 0.6mg | Calcium: 162mg | Iron: 1.5mg