Sipo Egg with Shrimp and Ham
Sipo egg loaded with mixed vegetables ,ham, shrimps, and creamy sauce is sure to a be party favorite. It's rich, creamy, and perfect with steamed rice.
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup ham, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 pound medium shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 large singkamas, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 8 ounces all-purpose cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
In a wide pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add ham and cook for about 1 minute or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and keep warm.
In the pan, add shrimps and cook until color changes to pink. Remove from pan and keep warm.
Add butter to the pan and heat until melted. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring regularly, until softened.
Add fish sauce and continue to cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
Add carrots, singkamas, and ham. Stir to combine.
Add water or stock and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are almost done and liquid is slightly reduced.
Add green peas, quail eggs, and shrimps. Stir to combine.
Add table cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
In a bowl, combine the 1/2 cup water and cornstarch and stir until dissolved. Add to the pan, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Continue to cook for another 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Do not allow the sauce to come to a rolling boil lest the cream curdles and separates.
- If you prefer a looser consistency, omit the cornstarch slurry.
- For extra crunch, you can sprinkle the dish with toasted cashews before serving.
Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 262mg | Sodium: 1152mg | Potassium: 417mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 8000IU | Vitamin C: 30.3mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 2.6mg