Mango Ice Cream
No-Churn Mango Ice Cream is rich, creamy, and bursting with fresh mango flavor. This homemade tropical ice cream is easy to make with only four ingredients and no ice cream maker needed!
Prep Time15 minutes mins
Freezing6 hours hrs
Total Time6 hours hrs 15 minutes mins
Servings: 8 Servings
- 2 large mangoes (or enough to make 1 cup mango pulp)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
Slice mangoes and scoop flesh, discarding pit and skin. In a blender or food processor, process mango to an applesauce-like consistency.
In a large bowl, combine mango pulp, condensed milk, and heavy cream.
Using an electric mixer at low speed, beat mixture until it begins to thicken. Increase speed to medium and continue to beat for about 8 to 10 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
While beating, squeeze a few drops of food coloring until the desired color is achieved.
Transfer mixture into a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Cover with plastic film, lightly pressing the film against the surface of the cream mixture.
Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight. Serve frozen.
- Chill the ingredients until very cold to ensure the mixture whips up to a good volume. Chill the condensed milk in the fridge along with the heavy cream. I also like to place the beaters and the mixing bowl in the freezer for about 30 minutes before use.
- Use Manila mangoes which are indisputably the best mango in the world! They're sweet, aromatic, and less fibrous. If you can't find them in the U.S., the closest cultivar is the Ataulfo mangoes.
- The food color is more aesthetic than flavor, but although optional, a few drops really make the ice cream more appetizing.
- When you transfer the mixture to a freezer-safe container, lightly press plastic film on the surface of the mixture to prevent crystallization.
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 86mg | Potassium: 297mg | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 1450IU | Vitamin C: 16.5mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 0.2mg