Slow Cooker Lechon
Crispy Pork Belly made easy in the slow cooker! Golden and crunchy on the outside and juicy and flavorful on the inside, it's the ultimate pork dish!
Servings: 8 Servings
- 3 pounds pork belly with ribs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Season pork with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, massaging all over the meat.
Place meat in the slow cooker (NO LIQUIDS) and cook on low for about 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for about 4 to 5 hours until tender but not falling apart.
Remove pork from the slow cooker and arrange on a roasting rack skin side up.
Bake in a 430 F oven for about 30 to 40 minutes or until skin is golden and blistered.
Remove from heat. Skin will crisp as it cools. Let stand for about 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
- You can use boneless pork belly or with ribs. To make the chopping easier, you can have the butcher cut the bones.
- DO NOT add liquids! Don't panic, have faith. The pork is not going to burn or dry out, it will release its own juices as it slow cooks in the crockpot.
- To keep the lechon tender and succulent, cook in the slow cooker until tender but not falling apart.
- Roast on a wire rack so it's elevated by a few inches to allow the heat to circulate around the pork and crisp it all over.
- Let the roast pork stand for about 10 minutes before cutting to pieces so the juices will redistribute and keep the meat moist and flavorful.
Calories: 885kcal | Protein: 16g | Fat: 90g | Saturated Fat: 32g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 927mg | Potassium: 326mg | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg