Servings: 8 to 10 Servings
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 cinnamon stick broken into pieces
- 2 liters water
- 1 12 ounces can evaporated milk
- 1 14 ounces can condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon to taste optional
In bowl, combine rice, cinnamon stick and 1 liter of the water. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight for best results.
In a blender, place soaked rice, cinnamon and the soaking water. Blend for about 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is smooth. Using a fine mesh sieve, strain liquid mixture into a large pitcher.
Add remaining 1 liter of water, evaporated milk, condensed milk, sugar and vanilla extract. Stir well until well-combined and sugar is dissolved. Serve horchata over ice and sprinkle with ground cinnamon, if desired.