Giniling na Baboy
Pork Giniling is a hearty and tasty stew made with ground pork, carrots, potatoes, and fresh tomatoes. It's easy to make in 30 minutes and in cooks in one pan.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 large Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- salt and pepper to taste
In a pan over medium heat, heat oil.
Add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
Add ground pork and cook, breaking into pieces with the back of a spoon, until lightly browned. Drain any excess grease.
Add fish sauce and continue to cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes and cook, mashing with the back of a spoon, until softened and release juices.
Add water and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and continue to simmer until meat is tender and fully cooked. Add more water in 1/2 cup increments as necessary to maintain 1 cup of liquid.
Add potatoes, carrots, and raisins and cook until liquid is mostly reduced, vegetables are tender, and raisins are softened.
Add bell peppers and cook until tender-crisp. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
- This giniling uses fresh tomatoes so the sauce is pretty thin and light. For a thicker and richer sauce, stir in one tablespoon of omato paste.
Calories: 522kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 349mg | Potassium: 1039mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4015IU | Vitamin C: 37.2mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 4.2mg