Giniling na Baboy
Pork Giniling is a hearty and tasty stew made with ground pork, carrots, potatoes, and fresh tomatoes. It's easy to make in 30 minutes and in cooks in one pan.
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 large Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- salt and pepper to taste
In a pan over medium heat, heat oil.
Add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
Add ground pork and cook, breaking into pieces with the back of a spoon, until lightly browned. Drain any excess grease.
Add fish sauce and continue to cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes and cook, mashing with the back of a spoon, until softened and release juices.
Add water and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and continue to simmer until meat is tender and fully cooked. Add more water in 1/2 cup increments as necessary to maintain 1 cup of liquid.
Add potatoes, carrots, and raisins and cook until liquid is mostly reduced, vegetables are tender, and raisins are softened.
Add bell peppers and cook until tender-crisp. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
- This giniling uses fresh tomatoes so the sauce is pretty thin and light. For a thicker and richer sauce, stir in one tablespoon of omato paste.
Calories: 522kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 349mg | Potassium: 1039mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4015IU | Vitamin C: 37.2mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 4.2mg