Pasta Fruit Salad
Pasta Fruit Salad made with macaroni, fruit cocktail, sweet palm nuts, cheese, and sweetened cream. Creamy and perfectly sweetened, this Filipino-style dessert is sure to be a party hit!
Servings: 12 Servings
- 4 ounces uncooked macaroni pasta
- 1 can (30 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) nata de coco, drained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) kaong, drained
- 1 cup cheese, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) table cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
In a large pot over medium heat, bring 2 quarts of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook about 1 minute shy of package's directions.
Remove from heat, rinse, and drain well. Let cool completely.
In a bowl, combine cooked macaroni, fruit cocktail, pineapple, nata de coco, kaong, cheese, table cream, and condensed milk and cream. Stir gently to distribute.
Chill for 1 to 2 hours or freeze until firm.
- For best texture, cook the macaroni about a minute shy of package’s directions. You will need about 2 cups cooked.
- The kaong and nata de coco are usually packed in heavy syrup so make sure to drain well.
- The salad will taste a little too sweet when just combined but the sweetness will mellow out once the mixture is chilled or frozen.
Calories: 422kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 122mg | Potassium: 299mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 46g | Vitamin A: 840IU | Vitamin C: 6.8mg | Calcium: 197mg | Iron: 0.6mg