Poqui Poqui made of roasted eggplant, tomatoes, and eggs. Healthy, filling, and delicious, it's a meatless breakfast or dinner meal the whole family will love.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
Over hot coals or gas stove, grill eggplants until skins are charred. Remove from heat and under running water, peel skin and rinse well. Coarsely chop flesh.
In a skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
Add tomatoes and continue to cook, mashing with the back of the spoon, until softened.
Add eggplant. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add beaten eggs, stirring to combine, and continue to cook until eggs are just set. Serve hot.
- Although the grill or gas stove provides a quicker way to roast eggplants, you can also roast them in the oven. Arrange the eggplants on a foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer, lightly brush with oil, and pierce a few times with a fork. Roast in 400 F oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until softened.
- Turn off the heat while the eggs are still slightly wet as they will continue to cook with the residual heat from the pan.
- In place of salt, you can season the dish with fish sauce or bagoong isda.
Serving: 391g | Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 19.6g | Protein: 8.9g | Fat: 11.8g | Saturated Fat: 2.3g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 362mg | Potassium: 832mg | Fiber: 9.6g | Sugar: 10.4g | Vitamin A: 950IU | Vitamin C: 26.4mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1.6mg