Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower Salad is the perfect warm salad to enjoy this summer. With beautifully caramelized vegetables tossed in a refreshing pistou dressing, it’s both nutritious and delicious!
In my recent lime grilled fish tacos recipe, I shared with you one of my favorite ways to bring big, bold flavors to our dinner table. We’re seriously obsessed with LA VICTORIA® Brand salsas and sauces here at home, I am always on the lookout for amazing ways to incorporate them in my cooking.
I’ve used the many flavor varieties in all sorts of delicious recipes and always had delicious results. In fact, the ultimate party appetizer I make that gets constant raves from guests is mango habanero chicken wings with a luscious curry mango dip. They’re finger-licking, lip-smacking and seriously addicting!
When I came across this roasted brussels sprouts and cauliflower salad, I was practically salivating! With beautifully blistered vegetables and a refreshing pistou sauce, I knew I was in for amazing flavors.
The brussels sprouts and cauliflower florets are first coated with olive oil and roasted in the oven until they begin to brown. They are then tossed in a tangy dressing made with LA VICTORIA® salsa verde, aged cheese, herbs, and lemon juice for a flavor-packed warm salad.
May I just say, BEST. VEGETABLE. DISH ever? It paired so well with nutty quinoa, I basically inhaled my plate and excitedly went back for seconds (ok, thirds). There’s just something about roasting fresh vegetables that bring out their natural sweetness, it’s like popping candy in your mouth!
You can serve this vegetable dish as an accompaniment to your favorite summer meals or pair with quinoa or brown rice as a satisfying vegetarian entree. Nutritious as it is delicious, it’s a meal you’ll feel good serving the whole family.
This roasted vegetable salad was especially prepared by renowned Chef Eduardo Ruiz in celebration of LA VICTORIA® Brand 100th year anniversary. LA VICTORIA is hosting a series of special dinner events along the west coast featuring music, art, and great food specially prepared by renowned chefs. If you’d like to join in the fun and experience amazing flavors, check out the 100 Years of Flavor events for more information.
Happy 100 years, LA VICTORIA!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower Salad
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1 head cauliflower
- salt to taste
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup baby kale
- 3/4 cup LA VICTORIA salsa verde
- 2 ounces Queso Anejo or Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces almonds, blanched
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, washed and drained
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, washed and drained
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil, washed and drained
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- Cut the bottom ends of the brussels sprouts and discard. Cut cauliflower into florets about 1 inch long. Wash vegetables and drain well.
- In a bottle, combine brussels sprouts, cauliflower, 1/4 cup of the olive oil, and salt to taste. Toss to completely coat vegetables.
- Arrange and spread vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast in a 450 F oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine salsa verde, the remaining 1/2 cup olive oil, cheese, almonds, cilantro, parsley, basil, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Blend for about 1 minute or until smooth.
- In a serving bowl, combine roasted vegetables and baby kale. Drizzle with pistou sauce and toss to coat. Serve over quinoa or brown rice.