Hello, my favorite people! Today, April 29th, I am going to do something so out of my ordinary. Today, for once, I am going to announce our last month’s winner, and this month’s Mother’s Day Rachel Ray Kitchenware Giveaway and March 2016 Income Report ON TIME! That’s because I am super, super excited! And for
good great reasons! First, it’s Mother’s Day in May! As my personal shout-out and special thanks to all the mommas out there, I lined up for this month a cool set of prizes I am sure they’ll love. More on that below. 🙂
Secondly, April marks my first month of blogging full time and I couldn’t be happier, or more stressed. Why stressed? Well, for one thing, there’s this huge burden of accountability sitting on my shoulders and I can’t help but feel overwhelmed. Having given up my career of the last twenty years, food blogging has become IT! I no longer have the cushion of another job to fall back on and that can get pretty scary. This online gig better work or I’ll go hungry. 🙂
And with such a sense of urgency, I find I’ve been stretching myself all over the place. So much work, I don’t know where to get started! Re-shoot old photos, promote new content, revamp old content, I just want to get everything done all at once. I was driving myself too hard that I was driving G insane along with me! After three weeks of watching me run around like a chicken without a head, he finally had enough. He seriously sat me down and gave me the advice of a lifetime. You can’t be doing these quick sprints or you’ll burn out. Remember you are in this for the long haul. Think turtle and hare, slow and steady wins the race. Rome was not built in one day. Every photo you get to reshoot, every new recipe you post is a step towards your goal. Thanks, my sweet.
- Like the previous two months, traffic in March remained fairly steady at above 850, 000 pageviews and for that I am thankful.
- I’ve started to showcase recipes and videos from other blogs along with mine on Kawaling Pinoy’s Facebook page. I am hoping this will help grow the page a little quicker than our normal pace of 20 to 30 new likes a day but, so far, I am not seeing any tremendous growth. The engagement and reach of the page, however, have significantly improved so I am assuming KP readers do find the fresh mix of content useful.
- Cooking videos are still very much on my list
of things to doI want to do. I already have the equipment and editing software needed to make this happen. In fact, I’ve had them for 81 weeks according to my Instagram! Now if I can just figure out how to look sexy and sound sultry on camera. haha
THE MONEY MATTERS
- I have to say, March income pleasantly suprised me. Given that the first quarter of the year is notorious for the lowest ad dollars, March came in as one of my highest revenue months, next only to December which is touted to be THE BEST month in advertising. As always, I am thankful.
- Also, this month and for the first time, The Blogger Network surpassed Blogher in terms of revenue, albeit, by a few dollars. This would have been fine and dandy if not for the fact that Blogher occupies all the top premium advertising spaces on my blog and thus, is expected to bring in the most revenue. Unfortunately, Blogher seems to be off on a bad month, or months judging from the horrendous showings on my April report. I do hope the company picks up soon, I’ve been under their umbrella going on two years now (in fact, my old, now-defunct blog was with them back in 2007!) and I’ve been happy, for the most part, with their service and support.
- I was finally approved back into Amazon after my affiliate account was cancelled a few months ago because of a required form I failed to fill up and submit on time. I am going to be slowly adding in some of the recipes Amazon links for kitchen tools and food ingredients you may need. Although I do receive a small commission for any purchase you make from these link, there will be no increase in costs on your end.
G-shock Watch Giveaway– $120
Wpopt (Hosting and Support)-$138
Aweber Email Marketing-$69
Adobe Creative Cloud-$9.99
On last month’s income report, I was kind of re-evaluating my need for a VA since I am now blogging full time and supposedly have all the hours/skills/energy to do Facebook scheduling, pinning, social sharing and et al. After trying to do it all, however, I realized NO, I do NOT have all the hours/skills/energy to do everything! Just the scheduling alone of round-the-clock Facebook shares was too much for my hands! I am actually beginning to feel a slight discomfort around my wrist due to the continuous, repetitive movements and the last thing I’d like is to have carpal tunnel. So, yes, VA stays on my list of expenses.
- For March, I had a measly total of 7 recipes. Again, BOO me! Please bear with me, folks, as I try to get into the groove of posting daily. Hopefully, I will do better on that in May.
- Of the 7 recipes, kutsinta seemed to be the readers’ choice of the month. For my top pick, I just love, love, love the sampalok candy. This is one of my favorite treats and I was just happy that it’s so easy to make, I can now enjoy a batch anytime cravings hit.
WHY DO I SHARE THESE REPORTS?
Discipline and organization have never been strong suits of mine. I am hoping my posting these reports monthly will give me some sort of accountability and a concrete picture of what I want to accomplish. I am also hoping the little things I am learning will be of good use to my fellow bloggers and serve as inspiration to our kababayans who are thinking of starting their own blogs but are hesitant about making the jump. It’s time to live your passion-to do something you’re pumped up about and enjoy. Instead of just earning a living doing something you tolerate, harness your passion and do something great.
Our last month’s Nikon Coolpix Camera Giveaway winner is:
Thank you, everyone, for joining! Don’t forget to check out our winner’s gallery for list of past winners!
THIS MONTH’S GIVEAWAY:
I am so, so excited to bring you for this month’s giveway these kitchenware sets in beautiful agave blue color which I love, love, love! Again, this is my special thank you to all the awesome women out there who make Kawaling Pinoy the hub for delicious, homecooked meals. Moms rule!
Rachael Ray Cucina Hard Porcelain Enamel Nonstick Cookware Set, 12-Piece, Agave Blue
- Rachael Ray Cucina Cookware features rustic, modern color, functionality and design to enhance mealtime warmth and hospitality
- Crafted with durable aluminum and sturdy hard enamel porcelain exteriors; espresso-colored, PFOA-free nonstick releases foods effortlessly
- The 12-piece cookware set boasts dual-riveted rubberized stainless steel handles and shatter-resistant glass lids; includes slotted turner and spoon
- Oven safe to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, the pots and pans are suitable for all stovetops, except induction
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
Rachael Ray Cucina 4-Piece Bakeware Set, Latte Brown with Agave Blue Handle Grips
- Rachael Ray bakeware set features durable carbon steel construction with rolled-rim edges, and is designed for easy, everyday use
- The bakeware features long-lasting, latte-colored nonstick inside and out to provide excellent food release with quick cleanup
- Silicone grips on the bakeware handles offer plenty of solid, comfortable grasp, even with potholders
- Oven safe to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, the nonstick bakeware set includes essential pan shapes for great baking and roasting
- We are drawing one (1) winner and for the giveaway prize, the winner will receive a Rachael Ray Cucina 12-Piece Hard Porcelain Enamel Nonstick Cookware Set and a Rachael Ray Cucina 4-Piece Bakeware Set. If winner is from the Philippines or outside of the U.S., a comparative product of equal value will be sent. Please note that Kawaling Pinoy giveaways are wholly supported by me and I do not receive any compensation for the products I present as prizes.
- To enter, leave a comment below: What is your favorite recipe on Kawaling Pinoy and why?
- Giveaway ends 11 PM Pacific Time on Wednesday, May 25, 2016. The winner will be selected via Random.org. The winner will be notified via email and will be announced here on or after Friday, May 27, 2016. The winner must respond within 48 hours or an alternate winner will be selected. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
- Giveaway is open to residents of all countries and who are 18 years of age or over at time of entry. Kawaling Pinoy assumes no responsibility for late or misdirected entries due to SPAM, technological, or e-mail filtering issues.