Lime Grilled Fish Tacos with Mango Habanero Salsa with fresh, crisp flavors you’ll love. Chock full of grilled fish, cabbage slaw, and tropical salsa, they’re a healthy and delicious meal ready in minutes!
G and I both love big, bold flavors and one of our favorite ways to add delicious heat to our meals is with LA VICTORIA® Brand salsas and sauces. La Victoria is a staple in my cooking endeavors, I am so honored to be a part of their 100th year anniversary. Yes, 100 years! La Victoria has been kicking things up in the kitchen since 1917!
To celebrate 100 years of amazing flavors, LA VICTORIA® Brand is hosting a series of special dinner events along the west coast featuring music, art, and culinary creations by local professional chefs. If you’d like to attend, check out the 100 Years of Flavor events in Los Angeles or San Diego.
Living in Southern California, I’ve been introduced and have grown an affinity for fish tacos. They’re a simple yet hearty meal with all the fresh flavors I crave!
And these lime grilled fish tacos with mango habanero salsa are no exception! With perfectly grilled fish, crisp cabbage slaw, creamy avocado, and tropical mango salsa nestled in warm tortillas, they’re a summer party in your mouth!
Healthy, delicious and ready in minutes, these fish tacos are perfect for a cozy dinner for two yet as amazing for feeding a crowd al fresco. With so many LA VICTORIA® Brand varieties of sauces and salsas to choose from, it’s easy to enjoy the bright flavors of the West Coast at home.
Make sure to join LA VICTORIA® Brand 100th year celebration for great food and great fun!
Lime Grilled Fish Tacos with Mango Habanero Salsa
- 1 pound halibut, cod or tilapia
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from can of chipotles in adobo
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Coleslaw
- 2 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- La Victoria Mango Habanero Salsa
- In a bowl, combine fish, lime juice, lime zest, salt, and pepper. Marinate fish for about 7 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the Greek yogurt, adobo sauce, and honey.
- In a large bowl the ingredients for coleslaw: napa cabbage, red cabbage, cilantro, lime juice, honey, salt, and pepper. Add 1/3 cup of the chipotle yogurt sauce and stir until cabbage mixture is evenly moistened. Cover and refrigerate for about 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
- Brush stovetop grill with canola oil and heat over high heat. Arrange fish in a single layer and grill, turning once, for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through and opaque. Remove the fish from heat and with a fork, flake into large chunks.
- To warm tortillas, wrap the tortillas in foil and place in a preheated 350°F oven for about 10 minutes or until heated through. Alternatively, wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and warm in the microwave for 30 seconds or until soft and pliable.
- Prepare the fish tacos by filling each tortilla with a spoonful of the coleslaw, grilled fish, extra chipotle mayonnaise, avocado slices, and LA VICTORIA® Mango Habanero Salsa. Serve immediately.