And just like that our August $200 kitchen appliance giveaway has come to a close. Wasn’t it just yesterday when I posted it asking for holiday menu ideas? And now it’s September 1, officially the start of Christmas season in the Philippines!
Seriously, go dance in the rain. Make pancakes with the kids. Take a stroll in the park with your bae. DO life. Time flies by so quickly, let’s not waste it. Says Lalaine who sleeps and watches Netflix 3/4 of the day. 😂
Anyway, our last month’s giveaway ended just a few hours ago, but unlike the previous ones, I am going to be on time this month to announce the winner and the brand new giveaway. You see, I am very excited, and I can’t wait to share with you what’s up at Kawaling Pinoy headquarters A.K.A our dinner table.
I used to post my monthly income reports here on the blog but stopped doing so middle of last year because I realized you come for the recipes and the how-to’s of building a blog might not be of interest to everyone.
This month, however, I am going to delve into KP’s growth/traffic as well as my other site, Onion Rings and Things, because I am so happy, I am so pumped up, I want to thank you, and I need YOUR help.
To sum it up in one word, August has been AMAZING for both my blogs. As you can see from the screenshot above, Kawaling Pinoy had a mind-blowing 26.64% growth from July to August which translated to an increase of almost 400,000 and a total of 1,824,881 pageviews in a month.
Guys, I am an emotional creature. Good, bad, great things, I cry. When I look back to the early months of Kawaling Pinoy when hitting 100K pageviews was but a dream and now to be sitting at almost 2 million a month, I couldn’t help but break into tears.
These monthly giveaways are but a scant reflection of how grateful I am of each of you. Thank you, thank you for visiting and supporting Kawaling Pinoy. Thank you for changing my life and making my dreams possible.
What pleasantly surprised me was, my Onion Rings and Things blog decided to kick it up as well. I launched this blog a few months before Kawaling Pinoy, and it sadly sat in anonymity for years. It has been a painstaking trek up, but I am so so glad to watch it finally come alive.
As you can see from the screenshot above, it enjoyed a jump of 59.56% or 103,460 pageviews to be exact in one month. I’ve been working diligently on it for months, adding new recipes, crafts, and printables almost daily, and it feels so good to see my efforts rewarded.
I want to churn out recipes daily for both the sites, but there are only so many hours in a day. As much as I love blogging, cooking and creating content, I am just a one-person show. Ok, we are a dynamic duo here because G does help with a lot with the back-end stuff but I still need YOUR help!
If you’re a long time reader of Kawaling Pinoy, you probably remember my Submit a Recipe contest. Well, it was a great idea that fizzled out because a) I didn’t have the time to cook and photograph the recipes submitted and b) I didn’t have the time to cook and photograph the recipes submitted! (repeating myself here is not a typo).
Do you love to cook AND take great photos? Do you own a blog (or not is fine)? Maybe you’d want to join Sanna and Bebs as Kawaling Pinoy contributors!
I pay per article, and if you have an awesome recipe/craft you’d like to have featured on Kawaling Pinoy or Onion Rings and Things, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. I’d love to work with you!
Calphalon Nonstick 14-Pc Cookware for ONE lucky winner!
- Number of Pieces: 14 item pots and pans set
- Cookware Includes: 1-qt. Saucepan with Lid, 8″ Omelet Pan, 12″ Omelet Pan with Lid, 2-qt. Saucepan with Lid, 6-qt. Stockpot with Lid, 10″ Omelet Pan, 3-qt. Saute Pan with Lid, 4-qt. Saucepan with Lid
- Features: Tempered Glass Lid, Stay-Cool Handle, Riveted Handle
- Pan-Pot Material: Hard Anodized Aluminum
- Handle Material: Stainless Steel, Silicone-Coated
- $200 value!
- We are drawing one (1) winner, and for the giveaway prize, the winner will receive a Simply Calphalon Nonstick 14-Pc Cookware set valued at $200. If the winner is outside of the U.S., a comparable product of the same $200 value will be sent or $200 in cash via Paypal.
- To enter, please answer in the comments below: Do you find the blog traffic updates I share boring or interesting?
- Giveaway ends 11 PM Pacific Time on Sunday, September 30, 2018. The winner will be selected via Random.org. The winner will be notified via email. The winner must respond within 48 hours, or an alternate winner will be chosen.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. Please note that Kawaling Pinoy giveaways are wholly supported by me, and I do not receive any compensation for the products I present as prizes.
- Giveaway is open to residents of all countries and who are 18 years of age or over at the time of entry. Kawaling Pinoy assumes no responsibility for late or misdirected entries due to SPAM, technological, or e-mail filtering issues.