This post is sponsored by Lindsay, but my love for their bite-sized fun is entirely my own.
Just when you think the holidays season is over and done, it’s now time for game day eats! Thank goodness for Lindsay Olives, they make party planning easy and stress-free.
Lindsay Olives are a must at our special gatherings at home. Not only are they a classic addition to everyone’s favorite relish tray, they make an amazing party dip chopped and tossed with simple pantry ingredients.
Served with toasted bread chips or your choice of scoopers, this olive-onion cheese dip is seriously addicting. Sweet caramelized onions, creamy cheese, and briny olives marry deliciously into a game day centerpiece that’s pretty hard to resist.
And the fun doesn’t stop there! Spread the olive-onion cheese mixture on halved French bread loaf, bake until gooey and bubbly, and you have game day fun fare your guests won’t be able to get enough of.
To easily elevate your tailgate, make sure to have Lindsay Olives handy and visit their website for fun cocktail and recipes ideas. Sign up for Club Lindsay to get a $1-off coupon and exclusive deals. Check the store locator to find Lindsay Olives near you or shop online and use code GAMEDAY to get 25%-off their online purchase. Enjoy!
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces black olives, chopped
- 4 ounces green olives, chopped
- ½ cup parsley or green onions, chopped
- pepper to taste
- 1 French bread loaf, sliced lengthwise
- In a wide, heavy-bottomed pan over medium-low heat, heat olive oil until shimmering. Add onions and stir to coat with the oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 to 10 minutes. Add sugar and salt. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 to 20 minutes or until softened and of deep brown color. Allow to completely cool.
- In a bowl, combine butter, mayo, cheese, olives, caramelized onions, and green onions. Stir until well incorporated. Season with pepper to taste.
- Spread mixture onto each bread loaf halves. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake in a 350 F for about 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Cut into serving pieces and serve immediately.